I know this isn't recommended, but is there some incompatibility between
WDK 8.0 and XP/2003 that prevents drivers running correctly with Driver
Verifier?
We're finding that when Driver Verifier is enabled our driver gets so
far initializing and then any memory allocation calls end up calling
ExFreePoolWithTag and the driver hangs in RtlpUnwindPrologue (it runs
fine without DV enabled). The system's still active, but the driver just
never gets any further.

--
Bruce Cran