From: tyler.w.r...@accenture.com [mailto:tyler.w.r...@accenture.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:20 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Using Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller
Followup

Phil,

        Thank you for the quick response I have pasted a more thorough
example of the components below. Basically what I think I need to do is make
sure every is in their own component with a keypath?

<Fragment>
             <DirectoryRef Id="ExampleUserAdminApp_ThemesAvantGardecss">

<!--[TARGETDIR]\SourceDir\[InstallDirName]\ExampleUserAdmin\App_Themes\Avant
Garde\css-->
                    <Component Id="css01_reset.css.component">
                           <File
Source="net\exampleuseradmin\exampleuseradmin\app_themes\avantgarde\css\01_r
eset.css" />
                    </Component>
                    <Component Id="css02_extallnotheme.css.component">
                           <File
Source="net\exampleuseradmin\exampleuseradmin\app_themes\avantgarde\css\02_e
xt-all-notheme.css" />
                    </Component>
                    <Component Id="css03_dctExtJsExtensions.css.component">
                           <File
Source="net\exampleuseradmin\exampleuseradmin\app_themes\avantgarde\css\03_d
ctExtJsExtensions.css" />
                    </Component>
                    <Component Id="css04_dctExtJsOverrides.css.component">
                           <File
Source="net\exampleuseradmin\exampleuseradmin\app_themes\avantgarde\css\04_d
ctExtJsOverrides.css" />

                    </Component>

<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="$(var.PlatformProgramFilesFolder)">
        <Directory Id="INSTALLLOCATION"
Name="!(loc.ProductManufacturerFolderName)" >
          <Directory Id="Documentation" Name="Documentation" />
          <Directory Id="ExampleUserAdmin" Name="ExampleUserAdmin">
            <Directory Id="ExampleUserAdminApp_Data" Name="App_Data" />
            <Directory Id="ExampleUserAdminApp_Themes" Name="App_Themes">
              <Directory Id="ExampleUserAdminApp_ThemesAvantGarde"
Name="AvantGarde">
                <Directory Id="ExampleUserAdminApp_ThemesAvantGardecss"
Name="css" />
                <Directory Id="ExampleUserAdminApp_ThemesAvantGardeimages"
Name="images">

                  <Directory
Id="ExampleUserAdminApp_ThemesAvantGardeimagesbuttons" Name="buttons" />

<ComponentGroup Id="ExampleUserAdmin_App_Themes_Files">
      <ComponentRef Id="AvantGarde.skin.component" />

      <!-- AvantGarde\css folder-->
      <ComponentRef Id="css01_reset.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css02_extallnotheme.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css03_dctExtJsExtensions.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css04_dctExtJsOverrides.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css05_extxthemegray.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css06_dctExtxthemegray.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css07_style.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css08_forms.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css09_leftNav.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css10_buttons.css.component" />
      <ComponentRef Id="css11_nav.css.component" />

      <ComponentRef Id="css12_theme.css.component" />

<Feature Id="MainFeature" Title="!(loc.MainFeature_Title)"
Description="!(loc.MainFeature_Desc)" Level="1">
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="Documentation_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ExampleUserAdmin_Files"/>
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ExampleUserAdmin_App_Data_Files"
/>
                    <ComponentGroupRef
Id="ExampleUserAdmin_App_Themes_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ExampleUserAdmin_Bin_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ExampleUserAdmin_CSS_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ExampleUserAdmin_Images_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ExampleUserAdmin_Scripts_Files"
/>
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ExampleUserAdmin_XSLT_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="Util_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ProductConfigFolder_Files" />
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="TransformerComponents"/>
                    <ComponentGroupRef Id="ECU"/>
                    <ComponentRef Id="ShortcutFolders.component"/>
                    <ComponentRef Id="RegistryEntries.component"/>
                    <!--Dummy components-->
                    <ComponentGroupRef
Id="ToBeRemovedNextMajorComponentGroup"/>

             </Feature>

That is all the info for those specific components. If it is a problem with
our Wix I can get it fixed as we have amajor release coming up soon so
ideally we would like to fix it before that comes along. Again thank you for
the help.

Message: 4