Unfortunately, based on our current requirements, we must not prompt the user
in any way nor may we require them to download a second file.  Our client has
requested that certain customer-specific variables be known by the application
during install.  The application must supply these variables to the servers
when making any web service or restful call to the back end.  This is why
generating the MSI is so necessary.

I hope this helps.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

- Greg