Cool thanks :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Schultz [mailto:eschu...@outercurve.org]
Sent: February-04-13 4:30 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Burn: Prerequisites on Windows 2012 Server and the
Server Manager requirement

All,

I've created a simple ExeRunner application that can be embedded into your
bundle and then be called to run a command on the destination computer. To
install .NET Framework 3.5 and less on Win 8, the entire command line would
be:

ExeRunner.exe C:\Windows\system32\dism.exe /online /norestart /enable-feature
/featurename:netfx3

If the inner command fails, it's error code is returned.

ExeRunner can be downloaded at
https://exerunner.codeplex.com/releases/view/101384. I hope this fulfills
everyone's needs.

Eric

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Hans ter Horst <hoshis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cheers Neil, Rob! I'll look into that later today and get back.
>
> Hans
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Neil Sleightholm <n...@x2systems.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Take a look at ocsetup.exe; on Win2k8 you can run "ocsetup.exe
> > Netfx3 /norestart /quiet" and it will install the feature. Win2012
> > might be the same but if it is like Windows 8 you are stuck as the
> > features are not built-in (I haven't actually installed 2012 yet so don't
> > know).
> >
> > If it is not ocsetup it could be dcim or pkgmgr.
> >
> > You can't call any of these directly from burn so I wrote shell app
> > that
> > could embed in burn to call them with the correct command line (I
> > never completely finished it as we decided it was easier to drop
> > .NET 3.5 and
> go
> > for .NET 4.0). This is the code I had but it was written in .NET so
> > might not any good if 2012 doesn't have any .NET installed:
> >
> > namespace OcsRunner
> > {
> >     using System;
> >     using System.Diagnostics;
> >
> >     public class Program
> >     {
> >         public static int Main(string[] args)
> >         {
> >             var startInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();
> >
> >             startInfo.FileName = "ocsetup.exe";
> >             startInfo.Arguments = String.Join(" ", args) + "
> > /norestart /quiet";
> >             startInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;
> >             startInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
> >
> >             var p = new Process();
> >             p.StartInfo = startInfo;
> >             p.Start();
> >             p.WaitForExit();
> >
> >             return p.ExitCode;
> >         }
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Neil

--------
Eric Schultz, Developer Advocate, Outercurve Foundation
http://www.outercurve.org eschu...@outercurve.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi
@EricOutercurve