Set Property and Set Directory are 2 different kind of custom action :
[1]http://blogs.technet.com/b/alexshev/archive/2008/02/21/from-msi-to-w
ix-part-5-custom-actions.aspx

Le %:Date:, AK <[2]kisslo...@gmail.com> a écrit:

Hi!

I need to save install directory during major upgrade. To do this I

change

INSTALLFOLDER property using custom action.

Action="ChangeInstallFolder" Before="InstallInitialize"

MajorUpgrade Schedule="afterInstallInitialize"

Action="Install" Before="ProcessComponents"

But if I look at the log file:

Action start 4:30:53: ProcessComponents.

MSI (s) (FC:6C) [04:30:53:865]: Dir (source): Key: INSTALLFOLDER
,

Object:

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{GUID}v{version}\ , LongSubPath: {DEFAULT

PATH}, ShortSubPath: ...\...\

So, property was changed, but directory still has default path.

Can I change install folder by custom action?

Regards, Alexey.

-------

Own the Future-Intel® Level Up Game Demo Contest 2013

Submit your demo by 6/6/13. [4]http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel_levelupd2d

Sincèrement,
Gabriel

"I know no way of judging the future but by the past."
Patrick Henry
"You can never plan the future by the past."
Edmund Burke