Thanks Rob Thought so...

Steve Ogilvie   “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about
things that matter.”, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Sent from my BlackBerry 10
smartphone.

                                                                        From:
robmen [via Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset] Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013
09:33 PM To: StevenOgilvie Subject: Re: Upgrades...

        That's just setting a bunch of properties. If you don't use the
properties,
you don't need all that. MajorUpgrade element is all you need (plus change
Product/@Id and do not change Product/@UpgradeCode).
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM, StevenOgilvie < [hidden email] > wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a few installers that I am writing in WIX 3.7
>
> I was just using:
>
> <MajorUpgrade Schedule="afterInstallValidate" AllowDowngrades="no"
> DowngradeErrorMessage="A newer version of $(var.PlatformProductName) is
> already installed. Setup will now exit." />
>
> To handle upgrades (uninstall older version, install new version)
>
> I saw a blog on upgrades and they recommended doing the below, my question
> is, do I need to add all that??
>

>   <MajorUpgrade DowngradeErrorMessage="A newer version of
> $(var.PlatformProductName) is already installed. Setup will now exit."
> Schedule="afterInstallInitialize" AllowDowngrades="no"/>
>     <SetProperty After="FindRelatedProducts" Id="FirstInstall"
> Value="true">
>       NOT Installed AND NOT WIX_UPGRADE_DETECTED AND NOT
> WIX_DOWNGRADE_DETECTED
>       </SetProperty>
>     <SetProperty After="SetFirstInstall" Id="Upgrading"
Value="true">
>       WIX_UPGRADE_DETECTED AND NOT (REMOVE="ALL")
>       </SetProperty>
>     <SetProperty After="RemoveExistingProducts"
Id="RemovingForUpgrade"
> Sequence="execute" Value="true">
>       (REMOVE="ALL") AND UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE
>       </SetProperty>
>     <SetProperty After="SetUpgrading" Id="Uninstalling"
Value="true">
>       Installed AND (REMOVE="ALL") AND NOT
(WIX_UPGRADE_DETECTED OR
> UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE)
>       </SetProperty>
>     <SetProperty After="SetUninstalling" Id="Maintenance"
Value="true">
>       Installed AND NOT Upgrading AND NOT Uninstalling AND
NOT
> UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE
>       </SetProperty>
>
> <InstallExecuteSequence>
>       <FindRelatedProducts Before="AppSearch" />
>       <AppSearch Before="LaunchConditions" />
>       <ResolveSource
Before="CostFinalize"></ResolveSource>

> <InstallUISequence>
>       <FindRelatedProducts Before="AppSearch" />
>       <AppSearch Before="LaunchConditions" />
>
> Thanks,
>
> steve

                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
discussion below:

http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/Upgrades-tp7584816p7584818.html

                To unsubscribe from Upgrades..., click here .
                NAML