If this is a 32-bit component then it will go in WoW6432Node in the registry
on a 64-bit machine, and you may not be looking there.

Phil W

-----Original Message-----
From: David Steadman [mailto:steadm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 6:51 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] registry keys not being created

 Ok I am not sure what I am doing wrong but following the guide and it still
will not create the keys, what am I doing wrong:

  <RegistryKey Root="HKLM"
Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellSnapIns\FIMAutomation"
Action="create">
                            <RegistryValue Type="string"
Name="PowerShellVersion" Value="2.0" Action="write" />
                        </RegistryKey>