Resending because I haven't received any replies to this last post.

Is the below behavior a bug with the Wix burn bootstrapper functionality?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher West C [mailto:christopher.c.w...@ericsson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:26 PM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] UILevel on uninstall using
"WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense" bootstrapper

Okay, just now got a chance to get back to this.

To recap, the issue am seeing is as follows:
If I install the msi directly, and then uninstall the msi from ARP, the UILevel
is "3" during the uninstall of the .msi.  I verify this by checking the value
of the UILevel property with a custom action.

If I install the burn .exe that chains this same .msi, and then uninstall the
burn .exe from ARP, when the uninstall of the burn.exe uninstalls the chained
msi, the value of the UILevel is "2" in this same custom action.

Rob, per your last reply, you mentioned using MsiProcessMessage() to display
the dialog.
So I have a C# custom action which calls "session.Message".
If I install the .msi directly, the "session.Message" message is displayed on
uninstall from ARP.
If I install via the bootstrapper that contains the .msi, the "session.Message"
is NOT displayed on uninstall from ARP.

Again, the above behavior appears to be based on the UILevel of the .msi being
2 when uninstalled via the bootstrapper, versus a UILevel of the .msi being 3
when being uninstall from ARP directly.

Is the UILevel being set incorrectly via the bootstrapper a known issue?  You
had mentioned in one of your previous responses to this chain that " Bob
changed some things here last because there were some issues."