From: Nick Miller [mailto:nmil...@livetechnology.com]
Sent: May-02-13 12:25 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
(wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net)
Subject: [WiX-users] Not so silent SQL install

Hi All,

My BA is supposed to install SQL Server express silently, however there is this
ugly black command prompt window that appears during the process.  I am fairly
certain my install commands are correct, but I could be wrong...  Is this a
known problem?  Expected behavior? Or am I doing something wrong?

It installs correctly, but I just want the silent install to be, well, silent...

InstallCommand="/Q /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /ACTION="Install"
/INSTANCEID="MSSQLSERVER"
                /FEATURES="SQL" /ERRORREPORTING="False"
/SQMREPORTING="False" /INSTANCENAME=" MSSQLSERVER"
                /AGTSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE"
/AGTSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Disabled" /ISSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic"
                /ISSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService"
/ASSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic"
                /ENABLERANU="True" /SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" /ADDCURRENTUSERASSQLADMIN="True"
                /TCPENABLED="1"
/BROWSERSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic""

Thanks,
Nick
Nicholas Miller (Network Administrator)
LiveTechnology Holdings, Inc.
LiveTechnology Park: 16 Sterling Lake Rd, Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
Phone: 845.351.5100 Direct: 845.535.6205 Fax: 845.351.5102
Email: nmil...@livetechnology.com<mailto:nmil...@livetechnology.com>
Website: www.LiveTechnology.com<http://www.livetechnology.com/>

This message has been marked as Public by Steven Ogilvie on May-02-13 8:40:45
AM.

The above classification labels were added to the message by TITUS Message
Classification.
For more information visit www.titus.com.