In general, it would be better to use the <HeatDirectory /> element.  For
example:

<EnableProjectHarvesting>True</EnableProjectHarvesting>

  <Target Name="BeforeBuild">
    <HeatDirectory ToolPath="$(WIX)bin\"
                                    Directory="..\Folder"
                                    PreprocessorVariable="var.DatabaseDir"

OutputFile="$(ProjectDir)..\wxsfolder\NameofyourGroup .wxs "
                                    GenerateGuidsNow="true"
                                    ComponentGroupName="NameofyourGroup"
                                    DirectoryRefId="INSTALLLOCATION"
                                    SuppressRootDirectory="true" />