From: Saeed, Rehan [mailto:rehan.sa...@gam.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:40 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] WIX Continues Uninstall After Failing To Close
Application Causing Application to Crash

When closing my application it prompts users to save any unsaved
information. When installing a new version of my application while it is
running the following occurs:

  1.  Start application.
  2.  Install new version from WIX MSI in quiet mode (No UI).
  3.  Application prompts to save unsaved information.
  4.  WIX MSI ignores the fact the application is not closed and continues
uninstalling the old version and installing the new version.
  5.  The still running application crashes badly.
How can I get WIX to abandon the installation if the application does not
close?
Kind Regards,

Rehan Saeed (London) x8509

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise us immediately and delete this message. See -
www.gam.com/en/Legal/Email+disclosures+EU<http://www.gam.com/en/Legal/Email+
disclosures+EU> for further information on confidentiality, the risks of
non-secure electronic communication, and certain disclosures which we are
required to make in accordance with applicable legislation and regulations.
If you cannot access this link, please notify us by reply message and we
will send the contents to you.