The WIX configuration below produces two warnings:
warning LGHT1055 : The InstallExecuteSequence table contains an action
'SxsInstallCA' which cannot be merged from the merge module
'C:\path\path\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msm'.  This action is likely colliding
with an action in the database that is being created.  The colliding  action
may have been authored in the database or merged in from another merge module.
If this is a standard action, it is likely colliding due to a difference in the
condition fo
r the action in the database and merge module.  If this is a custom action, it
should only be declared in the database or one merge module.
warning LGHT1055 : The InstallExecuteSequence table contains an action
'SxsUninstallCA' which cannot be merged from the merge module
'C:\path\path\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msm'.  This action is likely colliding
with an action in the database that is being created.  The colliding action may
have been authored in the database or merged in from another merge module.  If
this is a standard action, it is likely colliding due to a difference in the
condition
for the action in the database and merge module.  If this is a custom action,
it should only be declared in the database or one merge module.

Viewing the two merge modules in Orca I see they both define the same custom
action (sxsInstallCA and sxsUninstallCA). I assume this is the reason for the
warning.
- Does this mean that only one of the merge modules will run their custom
install and uninstall action?
- How do I fix or workaround this problem? I assume this must be a common
problem.

Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";>
 <Product Id="490F391C-336C-4a47-A7F6-587B2C92AC92"
  Language="1033"
  Manufacturer="MyCompany"
  Name="MyName"
  UpgradeCode="E5B47089-C70D-46bd-AA9C-D222CFE9A699"
  Version="1.0.0.0">
  <Package Compressed="yes" InstallerVersion="300" />
  <Media Id="1" Cabinet="product.cab" EmbedCab="yes" />
  <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
   <!-- structure...--!>
  </Directory>
  <DirectoryRef Id="TARGETDIR">
   <Merge Id="OpenMP" SourceFile="C:\path\path\Microsoft_VC80_OpenMP_x86.msm"
DiskId="1" Language="0"/>
   <Merge Id="VCRedist" SourceFile="C:\path\path\Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msm"
DiskId="1" Language="0"/>
  </DirectoryRef>
  <Feature Id="ProductFeature" Level="1" Title="MyTitle">
   <ComponentRef Id="cmp829B7EDF9835ECFBEB6B7A5E00D6B29F" />
   <MergeRef Id="OpenMP"/>
   <MergeRef Id="VCRedist"/>
  </Feature>
 </Product>