Thanks Phil.  I'm not sure why I was thinking that a version of the
create/modified check also applied to uninstalls.

I turned 40 this week so I guess it's all downhill from here...

 From: "Phil Wilson" <phildgwil...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:08 PM
To: chr...@iswix.com, "General discussion for Windows Installer XML
toolset." <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Uninstall removing user data

 The rule is that if MSI installs it, then an uninstall will uninstall it.
The modify/creation date difference is what determines whether to overwrite
it, not uninstall it. User data is created by the app, not installed with
the app, in this context that's the way I look at it.    (Unless I'm having
a senior moment too)     Phil Wilson

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Christopher Painter <chr...@iswix.com>