Through a mixture of trial and error we identified 6 properties that we
needed to provide. We actually do this on the msbuild command line which
calls our solution build rather than a .proj file but the concept is the
same.

  WixToolPath=g:\BuildSoftware\Wixv3.6.3303.0\
  WixTasksPath=g:\BuildSoftware\Wixv3.6.3303.0\\WixTasks.dll
  ReferencePath=g:\BuildSoftware\Wixv3.6.3303.0\
  WixTargetsPath=g:\BuildSoftware\Wixv3.6.3303.0\wix.targets
  WixCATargetsPath=g:\BuildSoftware\Wixv3.6.3303.0\sdk\wix.ca.targets
  WixSdkPath=g:\BuildSoftware\Wixv3.6.3303.0\sdk\

Simply add these into your Properties list (semicolon delimited)

Depending on what you're doing and how you have wix organised you might not
need all of the properties. Our experience suggests the following (though
if someone knows better, feel free to correct me!):

Always required:
  WixToolPath
  WixTasksPath
  WixTargetsPath

Required when using C# DTF Custom Actions:
  ReferencePath
  WixCATargetsPath
  WixSdkPath

Hope that helps