 From: "Rob Mensching" <r...@robmensching.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:14 PM
To: "General discussion about the WiX toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Burn Question

Yes. Two options one does as you describe, the other maybe less so (but
might work better):

1. Bundle v1.1 is an upgrade of v1.0. Bundle v1.1 will need to know about
the other 19 packages but you don't have to ship them. Burn will skip all
the stuff that is already present on the machine. However, you'll want to
consider the case that if something goes wrong and one of the original
packages goes missing, Bundle v1.1 will need some way to find it (or tell
Burn to ignore it, but not sure what that means for your app).

2. Bundle v1.1 is a patch bundle that registers in "Installed Updates". It
won't show up in main ARP, it'll show up in the "other ARP for updates".
Here Bundle v1.1 only has to take care of that which it owns and all
operations (repair/uninstall) on Bundle v1.0 will also be applied to Bundle
v1.1.