Here's another approach to consider:

http://blog.iswix.com/2011/10/beam-me-up-using-json-to-serialize.html

 From: "Jens Teutenberg" <jens.teutenb...@t-online.de>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:54 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] DTF managed custom action - temporary file

I want to use a temporary file to transfer data between my immediate custom
action and my deferred custom action (Impersonate="no"). I use the method
"Path.GetTempFileName()" to create a unique file in the immediate CA. The file
will be created but the deferred CA cannot see this file. Where I have to place
the file to get it working? Or is there another solution to transfer the
content of a complete own table?