Create a couple of methods and add them to your .def file. The protototypes of
them are as follows:

extern "C" HRESULT WINAPI BootstrapperApplicationCreate(
    __in IBootstrapperEngine* pEngine,
    __in const BOOTSTRAPPER_COMMAND* pCommand,
    __out IBootstrapperApplication** ppApplication
    );

extern "C" void WINAPI BootstrapperApplicationDestroy();

and your .def file should name them the same (so they don’t get decorated) upon
export.

You return your BA class instance in the ppApplication argument, and you use
the pEngine argument to call the engine.

-Blair