I found a method to apply digital signature to a number of files before
building my MSI using the files found in MyProject/obj/Debug (or Release
based on my build preference).

When I build my MSI I have the following to include what should be the
signed file:

      <Component Id="LibraryDLL">
        <File Id="LibraryDLL"
              Name="Library.dll"
              Source="$(var.Library.TargetDir)Library.dll"
              Vital="yes"
              KeyPath="yes"/>
      </Component>

After building and running the install I checked the file and it was NOT
signed.  I checked the output in VS 2102 and the pre-processer variable
$(var.Library.TargetDir) is pulling the file from Library/bin/Library.dll.

I have found various references that say $(var.Library.TargetDir) should
point to Library/obj/Debug but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Am I calling this incorrectly or is the documentation incorrect?  I found
the references at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jrock/archive/2008/01/29/complete-list-of-candle-preprocessor-variables.aspx

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein