 From: "Graham Allwood" <gallw...@sdasoftware.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:23 AM
To: "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [WiX-users] Best method for authoring my Wix setup

Hi,

I use VS 2013 Express and VB6 to develop my application. It has serveral
.NET assemblies that are exposed via COM and used in the VB6 app. I also
have some pure .NET apps / utilities.

Because I have a COM exposed components, I have to use HEAT to extract the
registration information. Should I do this every time I build the setup.

This leads me to how I should author my project.

I cannot use VS 2013 Express for my Wix Project.

I have tried using SharpDevelop and it works ok, but I don't know if I can
use it to run HEAT every time I build.

I could use raw MSBuild and use the HarvestFile task . Not tried this yet.

I'm edging towards the MSBUILD route. Does anyone have any words of wisdom
they could offer me?

Regards

Graham