From: Steven Ogilvie [mailto:steven.ogil...@titus.com]
Sent: January-22-14 6:17 PM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Confused... when installing a 32/64 bit MSI using 1
product.wxs file [P]

Classification: Public
Sigh... thanks Carter!

Just learning on how to read properly!!

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Carter Young [mailto:ecyo...@grandecom.net]
Sent: January-22-14 5:59 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
product.wxs file [P]

Read my First Reply:

$(sys.BUILDARCH) should be used when determining Build time Components on the
DEVELOPER MACHINE

$(var.Platform) should be used to determine the TARGET MACHINE'S bitness.  Your
having a tough time here because $(sys.BUILDARCH) is always equal to
$(var.Platform) on the DEVELOPER MACHINE.

Caveat: The above is always true unless setting the CPU Type in VS as Phil
Stated.

Quoting Steven Ogilvie <steven.ogil...@titus.com>:

> Classification: Public
> Yes it was a pain in the a$$ to maintain two product.wxs files for the
> same project. Blending them to one file has made work so much easier.
> I have the configuration set in the wix project file to handle whether
> it is an x86 debug/release or x64 debug/release build.
>
> The issue I have is I am not sure which is proper, using </if
> $(sys.BUILDARCH) = 64 ?> or using <?if $(var.Platform) = x64 ?> for
> setting variables for either x86/x64
>
> Same when installing a file for 32 bit or 64 bit (having 2 files but
> need to install only one depending on the bitness of the MSI and OS)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

6:16:27 PM.

The above classification labels were added to the message by TITUS Message
Classification. For more information visit www.titus.com.

This message has been marked as Public by Steven Ogilvie on January-23-14
11:17:53 AM.