From: Levi Wilson [mailto:l...@leviwilson.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:41 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] SqlScript with large schema setup

Sorry I didn't mention this before, but the database is already going to exist.
Our customers create this beforehand. The installer will just be running the
SQL script for the initial schema to create all of our tables, triggers,
sprocs, etc.

When looking at the installer log, I see two lines that jump out at me:

MSI (s) (C4!BC) [11:44:00:998]: Closing MSIHANDLE (45) of type 790540 for
thread 12732 MSI (s) (C4!BC) [11:50:33:616]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding
ExecuteSqlStrings property. Its value is '**********'.

So it looks like it takes 6 minutes to take the 144k lines of my SQL script
that is stored in a <binary /> to create the ExecuteSqlStrings property.
Seems like I'm holding it wrong :-)

Would a better option be to create a CA that reads the SQL out of a binary
record and execute it myself? Rather than having the intermediate step of
creating an MSI property?

Levi