Classification: Public
Saw this, can't remember if someone mentioned.
This has been fixed in WIX 3.8

-----Original Message-----
From: J Rao [mailto:jr...@live.com]
Sent: December-26-12 2:59 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] No progress in msi progressbar when packed in burn

Hi,

I have a msi installer built in WiX 3.6, this installer needs .NET framework to
be installed first, so I created a bootstrapper project for it using burn. I
did have to some heavy modification to make the installerand bootstrapper fit
visually but it is finally working, exceptone thing: During install of msi, the
progressbar in it doesn't have any progress, the ActionText is still working,
but the progressbar is stuck at 0%. This does not happen if I install the msi
outside the bootstrapper exe (although in this case the progressbar
doesincrease, it goes to 100% very quickly and then start from 0 again, not
sure if this is normal or not).

I did have to change the msi a lot, including creating my own welcome dialog,
and use WixExitEarlyWithSuccess to skip the exit dialog. I checked the log
using /l*v but didn't find anything suspicious. Any ideas on what I should try
next?

Thanks

Jim

This message has been marked as Public by Steven Ogilvie on January-23-14
2:59:24 PM.

The above classification labels were added to the message by TITUS Message
Classification. For more information visit www.titus.com.