As Jacob says, those messages come from the ActionText data in the MSI
files. Take a look at what's in there, if anything. If you want to
control the text, that's the place to start. The callbacks just send
you what's in there.

I haven't looked at the bootstrapper and exactly what it may do with
the original messages but these may give you more insight into what's
going on, if you haven't seen them before:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370385(v=vs.85).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb309215(v=vs.85).aspx
Phil Wilson