From: Bryan Wolf [mailto:brw...@jackhenry.com]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 8:33 AM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] alt key in bootstrapper messes up the
foreground/background of controls

I've been playing with the burn bootstrappers and my only thought on this is
that the options page has a lot of background work that's done and may not be
the best page to overload. On the flip side, I think the mba basically hard
codes the installation path.

Tbh, until/unless someone writes a truly generic bootstrapper application
engine you're likely sunk with some of these issues and may find it way easier
to just author your own solution. The extmba is pretty tied to the specific
scenarios it handles. It handles them well, but it doesn't really venture far
outside the forest in my experience.

There's a lot of funkiness with things like edit boxes being practically
unusable (outside of specific supported scenarios) and not really being able to
jump back & forth between pages. I've been working on mocking up some type of
solution. I know WPF has been a discussion on both mailing lists some - it may
be worth looking at that and seeing if it gives you the jumpstart that you may
need.