In wix v3.7, I made my setup.exe bootstrap loader using setupbld.exe and
everything worked as I wanted for a Web Application Project installation. The
single MSI file (packaged into setup.exe) did all the necessary UI for creating
web application pool, database connection, etc. with UAC elevation to admin to
carry out the installation.

I understand that setupbld.exe is dead in wix v3.8 and the way to go is with
the Bootstrapper project based on Burn. This, I started to explore, but with
some lack of clarity particularly in trying to do the equivalent of the
simplicity setupbld.exe provided.

1) I understand the power of Bootstrapper project in bundling multiple MSI
setups (the Office installation being a good example) but is there an
equivalent of Burn command that would package my MSI setup as setupbld.exe did
with a command switches?

2) If I use a Bootstrapper project,  does it mean that I need to move my
existing UI in the MSI installer to the Bootstrapper?

The little attempt I made with a minimalist  Bootstrapper project (putting my
MSI source file in <Chain> with MsiPackage) I get "Error 0x80070643: Failed to
install MSI package." so I am not doing something right.

I am still in the learning mode with Bootstrapper project and Burn, although
successfully implemented a single MSI installer (which was also packaged exe
with setupbld.exe).
Your help is appreciated in giving me pointers as to how I could do the
equivalent of setupbld.exe in wix v3.8.

Dan.