Are MSIs allowed to have to have no Product Name? Or is this a case of (like
the version numbers) that ICE and other tools validate and yet the WI service
doesn't actually care, so all sorts of weird stuff can happen?

(I ask because I seem to have encountered such a thing, and the DTF demo
application, MSI Inventory, crashes silently on if such is installed and cannot
display its beautiful trees and what not when it is present. A hacky fix is
easy once one knows that's what is going on.)

Keith Douglas
Programmer Analyst | Programmeur analyste
Questionnaire Development Services - CAI Social | Services de développement de
questionnaires - IAO Social
Jean Talon Building | Immeuble Jean-Talon / Floor | Étage 6 D-4
Statistics Canada | 170 Tunney's Pasture Driveway, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Statistique Canada | 170, promenade Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
keith.doug...@statcan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-854-5589
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-951-4674