From: Gabi Ganam [mailto:gabi.ga...@aternity.com]
Sent: 22 May 2014 16:08
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] CAQuietExec - Requires VC runtime redist?

OK, thanks Neil!

Perhaps you can assist me with a different issue I'm having with WiX; I'm
installing an unmanaged c++ windows service, using the standard MSI
InstallServices action (in wix, "ServiceInstall" element).
Right after "InstallServices" I have a custom action that sets this service's
start type according to an installation parameter.
This action is written in c++, and uses the standard API function:
ChangeServiceConfig.
Now for some reason, on windows 2012 only, the service is installed in
"Disabled" mode, and the ChangeServiceConfig function fails with the error:
"The specified service has been marked for deletion.".
This causes my installation to fail and rollback.

The question is - what's the issue with the service installation?
The log seems to say that the action completed OK:
"Action ended 17:45:13: InstallServices. Return value 1."

Thanks,
Gabi.