Among many perfectly fine working shortcut defs I have the one below
(strings modified to protect the innocent, but length of strings is preserved)

<Shortcut
Id="SHORT_MessageCenterShortcut"
Name="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Notification Center"
Description="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Notification Center"
Target="[MANUFACTURERFOLDER]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.exe"
Icon="NCIcon.ico" />

When hovering over the menu entry it creates, the hint displayed should be

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Notification Center
What is displayed, however, is this

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Notification Center
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Notification Center

Twice the same line in a dual line hint window.

The issue seems to be string length related - when I shorten the Name string to
30 characters,
things work as expected.
Any string as long as the one above (or longer) results in this strange
behavior.

Looks like a buffer overrun or sorts..? Not sure if Windows or WIX is the
culprit. If it turns out
to be Windows, it would be nice if WIX could issue at least a warning.

Have other people seen this?

Thanks,
Kai