This may be a weird case, but here goes...

I have the following SqlDatabase element, from the SqlExtension:

<sql:SqlDatabase Id="sqlDatabase_MyDatabase"
                         Server="."
                         Instance="MySqlInstance"
                         Database="MyDatabase"
                         CreateOnInstall="yes"
                         CreateOnReinstall="yes"
                         DropOnUninstall="yes"
                         ContinueOnError="yes" />

Steps I took:

1. Install the MSI --> database is created
2. Open an elevated command prompt
3. Uninstall using WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1:
    msiexec /x MyInstaller.msi WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1
4. PROBLEM: The database was uninstalled correctly. However, since I
triggered a rollback, shouldn't it have been resurrected?

I'm using WiX 3.8. Any one seen this? Where the rollback of an uninstall
does not re-create the database? Is this the expected behavior?

Note: I have set ContinueOnError to "yes" because otherwise I get into a
situation where the database is removed during an uninstall (i.e. rollback
does not recreate it). Then, subsequent attempts to uninstall fail because
database no longer exists and cannot be removed.

Note 2: I have set DropOnUninstall to "yes" because under normal
circumstances, I do want to drop the database. It's only during a rollback
of the uninstall that I think it should be "un-removed".