>From your log:

1) is 'SqlComponent' being selected for install?

If so,

2) What is the value of the property USEINTEGRATEDSECURITY from the verbose log?

Note that this property is going to have to be remembered for repair, upgrade,
and patching to work.  Note also that it will currently only be evaluated the
first time the Component is consider for install since the Component is not
marked transitive.  This may or may not be what you want.

3) What is the instance you are trying to install to?  This method has known
issues installing to default instances.  I highly recommend installing only to
named instances.

4) What are the permissions of the installing user?

Some of these scripts appear to require Administrator rights on either the
installing compute or the SQL server or both.

5) What does the verbose log look like?

Most of these issues can be easily diagnosed from a verbose log, but I'm just
guessing without one.

In answer to your later post, I have done this many, many times.  But I'm
currently at the end of a GA cycle on one of my products, and I therefore have
limited time.

--
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer | Enterprise Service Applications | Continuing