From: Brian Enderle [mailto:bria...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:52 AM
To: WiX Users
Subject: [WiX-users] Define AssemblyProduct in BeforeBuild

We currently get our product version in the .wixproj file by using the
following:

  <Target Name="BeforeBuild">

    <GetAssemblyIdentity
AssemblyFiles="$(SolutionDir)MyProgram\bin\x86\$(Configuration)\MyProgram.exe">
      <Output TaskParameter="Assemblies" ItemName="AssemblyVersions" />
    </GetAssemblyIdentity>
    <CreateProperty Value="%(AssemblyVersions.Version)">
      <Output TaskParameter="Value" PropertyName="AssyVersion" />
    </CreateProperty>

  </Target>

Is there a way to also get the AssemblyProduct and AssemblyTitle from
Assembly.cs like we are with AssemblyVersion?  I couldn't find anything that
defined what 'Value' could accept as a value (i.e.,
"%(AssemblyVersions.Version)")

Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  - Albert
Einstein
intended
information.
distribution