From: Hoover, Jacob [mailto:jacob.hoo...@greenheck.com]
Sent: 18 November 2014 17:19
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] why do I have to install twice to make things happen?

That's the definition of the CA, but where is it scheduled? Judging from the
name of the CA, it's modifying a payload the installer deploys.  Since your CA
is modifying machine state, it should be a deferred CA and you should provide a
rollback/uninstall CA as well. (That's more than likely the root of your
problem, but until we can see your install execute sequence, it's just a hunch.)

To get verbose logs, use /l*v <path to log> when calling msiexec.