Hello All

I apologize for the long post, putting as many details as possible to make
my question more understandable :-)

I have been trying to figure out how to use this without any real success,
maybe I am trying to use this incorrectly.

Here is what I have figure out so far:

I have an installation that installs 2 certificates like this:
<iis:Certificate Id="MyTestCA.cer" BinaryKey=" MyTestBinaryKey " Name="My
Description here" StoreLocation="localMachine"
                 StoreName="root" Overwrite="yes" Request="no" />

<iis:Certificate Id="MyTestSSL.pfx" BinaryKey="MyTestSSLCert" Name="My SSL
certificate" StoreLocation="localMachine"
                 StoreName="personal" Overwrite="yes" Request="no"
PFXPassword="test123" />

These two certificates install correctly. Then I manually run this command
after the installation is done:
netsh http add sslcert ipport=0.0.0.0:443
certhash=7c6ca43444444c4cfe6a473f1ce406cdd42bbd4a
appid={df8c4073-544b-4444-4444-5975a9444444}

This binds my certificate to a port, which allows me through IE to connect
via HTTPs to my server (Https listener is running in a Windows Service).
This is the part missing in my installer.

I found this: http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/mailman/message/27889281/ that
suggests to run a CA to bind the certificate to the port, but Rob in the
thread mentions this is not a great idea. So I looked for a better way of
doing this and found this:
https://blog.tommyparnell.com/binding-ssl-certs-on-windows-installer-xml-wix
-deployed-web-applications/ I also found this:
http://wixtoolset.org/issues/3055/

What I haven't found is a dumbified version of how to do this.  Can I use
iis:WebSite to do what I want to do, and where can I find a good tutorial or
sample of this.

Thanks for the help and advice,
Marc