My software is basically a bundle of image file codecs (currently only two but
this may change in the future). The user should be able to select which of the
codecs should get installed. In addition, there should be an option to set if
the selected codecs should get registered in Windows Explorer (one option for
all selected codecs).

My current feature tree is structured as follows (I’m using WixUI_FeatureTree):

- Feature: “Core files” (required)

|- Subfeature: “Codec A” (optional)

|- Subfeature: “Codec B” (optional)

- Feature: “Windows Explorer integration” (optional)

I’m struggling now to make the Integration feature only perform the
registrations for the selected Codec features. Do you think it would be easier
to replace the Integration feature by a separate dialog page that appears after
the FeatureTree page and consists of a single check box, and make the Explorer
Integration components part of the Codec features but only include them if the
check box was checked?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-- Christoph