Hi,

I have a deferred Custom action that fails in some scenarios. Since this
custom action is responsible for installling some licensing libraries for
my product hence I cannot continue installation if this CA fails.

I want to show a custom error message to the user if this CA has failed the
installation. To capture the failure from this CA I write a registry value
signifying whether the CA was successful or not. But how do read this
registry, set a property based on this CA and then use that property to
show/hide my text on SetupCompleteError dialog.

As soon as CA fails, rollback starts and then it does not execute any
immediate custom actions. I cannot even use a roll back CA because it
cannot set any property.

Can someone please help and let me know if there is a way to do this other
than throwing up a message box to the user?

Thanks,
-kashif