With the recent build of wix 3.10.0.1403 I was able to get my simple Lux/Nit
test project to work.  Thanks!  I initially used a .cmd file to call lux,
candle, light, and then nit.  But I prefer to build my projects using
MSBuild, so I figured out how to use the 'Test' Target (and the
BuildTestPackage Target).  I had planed to insert this call into a larger
MSBuild project which would do the Test, and then if no failures, build the
Package, however my observation is that I can only get either the Test
'build' or the 'package' build to work.  If I use the following in a MSBuild
project file, then the first target 'RunLuxTests' results in building
TestLux_test.msi and succesfully running Nit, but the second target
'BuildProject' does not product TestLux.msi package, because all outputs are
up to date (even though TestLux.msi does not exist at the output.  If I
change ParallelBuildDependsOn to reverse the order then TestLux.msi is
created, but TestLux_test.msi is never created because all outputs are up to
date.  I also tried to assign separate TargetPath properties based on
defined metadata, but the msi I was still not built to the specified
TargetPath.

  <PropertyGroup>

<ParallelBuildDependsOn>RunLuxTests;BuildProject</ParallelBuildDependsOn>
  </PropertyGroup>

  <ItemGroup>
    <BuildProject
Include="$(RdpSvnInstallsDirSl)Research\TestLux\TestLux.wixproj" >
      <BuildInParallel>false</BuildInParallel>
      <Platform>x86</Platform>
    </BuildProject>
  </ItemGroup>

  <Target Name="ParallelBuild"
DependsOnTargets="$(ParallelBuildDependsOn)"/>

  <Target Name="BuildProject">
    <MSBuild Projects="@(BuildProject)"
        BuildInParallel="%(BuildInParallel)"
        ContinueOnError="false"
        Targets="$(Targets)"
        Properties="Configuration=$(Configuration);Platform=%(Platform)">
    </MSBuild>
  </Target>
  <Target Name="RunLuxTests">
    <MSBuild Projects="@(BuildProject)"
        BuildInParallel="%(BuildInParallel)"
        ContinueOnError="false"
        Targets="Test"
        Properties="Configuration=$(Configuration);Platform=%(Platform)">
    </MSBuild>
  </Target>

On another topic, as I think about how to integrate Lux into my production
projects, my Custom Actions are in a wixlib as part of a Compiler Extension.
My directory tree is defined in another wixlib, much like the CommonFolders
used in WixBA.  The lux docs say that the lux authoring should be in a
separate module which has the directory tree.  How is this done in the
context of using CAs in a Compiler Extension?

Thanks for any comments!