I have a bundle with two MsiPackages. Both MSIs support major updates only.
The first is the "main" installer and is always installed.  The second MSI
installs drivers and is optional.  The option to install the drivers is a
checkbox on the Welcome screen.

Unfortunately,  I can only seem to control two states with just a checkbox:
Checked = install
Unchecked = uninstall

Since drivers are a big customer issue for us, we don't want to mess with
them (uninstall/reinstall) during an update if the drivers haven't changed.
I just want to leave them alone(i.e., don't want to run the driver
installer).

What I need is:
Checked = install (if not installed OR (installed AND newer version))
Checked = skip (if installed AND not newer version)
Unchecked = uninstall

Is it possible to use an unmanaged bafunctions.dll to detect the skip
situation and mark the driver msi to be skipped?  I can see from the limited
documentation and examples that I would be able to detect the skip
situation, but I can't seem to find any information about how to mark the
request/action states to NULL.

I read this from Neil Sleightholm ealier post, "Wix Extended Boostrapper
Application - Custom Actions"

"What they are definitely not for is changing state but I guess there is no
way to stop someone doing that."

but I think that is exactlly what I want to do.

So my question is: How do you change the request/action states though an
unmanaged bafunctions.dll?

Thanks,

Cris