From: victorwhiskey [mailto:victorhwhis...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:52 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] burn error 0x800b0100 help

Hello all,

I haven't had much luck with responses with my last few questions.
Hopefully, I can get some help on this one.

I have a project that which uses burn and the msi and burn are both in working
order. Now I have to add an install of a certificate to the machine into the
certstore. So I used the IISExtension to add the cert.

        <Component Id="cmp_certificate"
                   Guid="{guid}" Driectory="mydirectory">
                <iis:Certificate Id="Cert.crt"
                                 Name="Cert.crt"
                                 Request="no"
                                 StoreLocation="localMachine"
                                 StoreName="root"
                                 Overwrite="yes"
                                 BinaryKey="Certificate.Binary" />
            </Component>
        <Binary Id="Certificate.Binary" SourceFile=".\cert.crt" />

After adding the code, the msi runs and installs the certificate, no problem.
However, when I add the BA into the mix I get an errors in the BA log and the
install fails.

Error 0x800b0100: Failed authenticode verification of payload:
C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\.unverified\<msipackagename>
Error 0x800b0100: Failed to verify signature of payload: <msipackagename>
Failed to verify payload: <msipackagename> at path: C:\ProgramData\Package
Cache\.unverified\<msipackagename>, error: 0x800b0100. Deleting file.
Error 0x800b0100: Failed to cache payload: <msipackagename> Failed to cache
payload: <msipackagename> from working path:
C:\Users\vwong\AppData\Local\Temp\{guid}\<msipackagename>, error:
0x800b0100.
Application requested retry of payload: <msipackagename>, encountered error:
0x800b0100. Retrying...

Thanks in advance!

intended
information.