There is a feature request for a RestartBoundary. Not implemented yet.

From: Martin Evans [mailto:martin.ev...@voyagersoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 2:39 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Reboot after NetFx451Redist problem

I think I've encountered the reboot required scenario covered here
http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/3310/

Various windows services subsequently installed by our MSI fail as the
framework seems to need a reboot.

Having looked at what's done in \src\ext\NetFxExtension\wixlib\NetFx451.wxs I'm
tempted to copy it, remove the /norestart and set the Protocol to None.

Yet it feels wrong to take this approach, particularly as NetFx451.wxs appears
to be doing the right thing based on this
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee942965(v=VS.110).aspx

I'm also worried about successfully continuing after the restart.

Does anyone have any suggestion or thoughts on this proposed work-around?

Thanks,
Martin