I guess I do not know enough about Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy driver to
provide advice.   There are some curious return codes.

Regarding "I receive "Namespace prefix 'difxapp' is not defined""  That
sounds like a project which has code something like this, defined:
<difxapp:Driver PlugAndPlayPrompt="no" />

But, it was missing the namespace declaration
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";
xmlns:util='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/UtilExtension'
     xmlns:difxapp='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/DifxAppExtension'

so that "difxapp" was undefined as the message indicates.

Also the project needs a "Reference" to the difxapp_x86.dll (since you are
targeting only an x86 Operating System/MSI package).

I have another third-party driver (not Microsoft), which I install, and for
DifxAppExtension to work properly the Product/@Manufacturer MUST match the
Manufacturer string in the INF file.  (You can set Package/@Manufacturer to
your company string or something else.)