On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Alexey I. Froloff escribió:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 02:14:42PM +0200, Rodolfo García Peñas wrote:
> > I will adopt the wdm package for Debian. I saw that you have a
> > fork in github and the upstream (email, homepage) doesn't exist
> > anymore.
> > Do you have more info?
> Well, I am the upstream now ;-)  See README.voins.
>
> Tag "wdm-1.28" is the last release made by Alexey Voinov.  In
> "master" branch I have some work-in-progress cleanups and
> improvements.
>
> However, current code is a total mess.  It was started as fork of
> XDM somewhere in 2002...  Now I am thinking about dropping
> current code completely, take lxdm/lightdm/whatever sources and
> just rewrite the UI using WINGs.

Hi again,

IMO the current code in your repo is not good for a stable environment. Perhaps
could be a good idea create a new branch, based in the original code, and then
apply "stable" patches.

We can "migrate" patches from the current new branch to this new stable branch
and I could send the patches included in Debian. Then, we can continue with a
stable wdm, and I can use it to make the Debian package.

What do you think?

Best regards,
kix.