David Maciejak <david.macie...@gmail.com> escribió:

On Monday, August 18, 2014, Josip Deanovic <djosip+n...@linuxpages.net>
wrote:

Quoting message written on Sunday 2014-08-17 18:07:08 by Charles Philip
Chan:
> On 17 Aug 2014, k...@kix.es <javascript:;> wrote:
>
> Hi Kix:
> > I was thinking about create a Window Maker fork, and probably is the
> > best way to contribute to Window Maker. My aim now is include XRandR,
> > Multihead and hardware abstration for Window Maker, but this is very
> > difficult because we need include a lot of changes and Window Maker
> > could be unstable.
>
> Why a fork instead of an experimental branch?
>
> Charles

Indeed, why?
That would only create a confusion.

Hi,

I believe we all want these features to be part of the future of Window
Maker,
but creating a fork will, in my opinion, also split the workforce.

I am a great fan of GitHub, but as you may know not a pure git expert.
Anyway, an unstable branch, whichever wmaker version it will be, could be
created and some extended perms could be granted to ppl who want to lead
the next major version ?

I discovered earlier today that there is already a github for wmaker at
https://github.com/crmafra/wmaker

Why not using it ?

Regards,
David

Hi David, Josip, Charles,

I don't want to reopen old wounds, but perhaps I should reply your
mails. I had some disagreements some time ago.  Github repo was
created then.

For me, write wmaker code is a hobby. I don't want problems, I want
play. I had more than 200 patches here and probably some people could
be interested on them. For this reason I uploaded the patches to github.

I changed the name to awmaker and included a new README file to avoid
confusion.

Best regards,
Rodolfo.

Rodolfo García Peñas (kix)