Alwin <translati...@ziggo.nl> escribió:

Hi,

Josip Deanovic schreef:
Hi!

Did anybody else notice the malformed look of checkboxes in "Window
Attributes" window?

Yes, but it's not malformed. The first (read-only) box indicates the window hint requested by the program. The second one is a tristate check box, that can be changed to override it. Some programs (GNOME/GTK?) might need it to run correctly under Window Maker. (See also the Help balloon, when hovering the first check box.

It can also be used to remove the resize bar on some Window Maker panels, as they can't be resized currently. To turn the resize bar off in those panels by default, would look better imho: WPrefs panel, Color panel, and the panels for opening images/directories/programs.

Hello,

IMO, this new feature is terrible :-)

I don't like it and is difficult to understand for an user. Is not intutive. The checkboxes don't have title or something like that show what they do.

Really the user want to know the hint requested by the program?

If the dialog.c/panels* needs handle titlebar, resizebar,... it could be implemented in the window.c/wCreateInternalWindow function.

IMO, this feature should be removed and find new ideas for the problems.

Cheers,
kix

PS: I had the same thought, malformed look of checkboxes in "Window Attributes" window

I have attached the screenshot (~189KiB, PNG) which shows how it looks
on my setup.

Regards

--
[alwin]