On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Csányi Pál <csanyi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when one want to use projector that hasn not the same resolution as the
> resolution of it's laptop LVDS1 then it is happen strange output of the
> WindowMaker's screen.
>
> Only part of the screen is projected.
> One must restart WindowMaker to get projected the whole screen.

What version are you using? Does WM restart automatically on
resolution change (even on single monitor)?
You can test by maximizing a window after resolution change.

> What is the preferred way to use xrandr & arandr to get a nice projecton of
> our screen when the projector has say only 1024x768 but my screen LVDS1 has
> 1366x768 resouliton?

Basically you need to use aradr/xrandr to add the projector say right
of your screen, move the window there and maximize it.
AFAIR, there is no hardware way to "rescale-on-the-fly" i.e. duplicate
the output on two different outputs with different resolution and get
the same aspect picture...

Kalin.