From: damonb...@gmail.com <damonb...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [BREAKING] Up Up and Away
To: wnndl@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 1:09 PM

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 16:04, Glenda Collins <glendamcoll...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well what is really sad is with the world in the state it currently faces,
> the news is bombarding the tv airwaves with this trivial story.  Truly a sad
> day for journalism. No wonder the world laughs at the United States.

As I perhaps have said before here, though, we can't *blame* CNN or
MSNBC or Fox News for this.  We have to blame ourselves.  We're the
audience eating it up.

If we want media that are going to make sure we eat our vegetables, we
have to support it through government funding (PBS, NPR, BBC, CBC), or
we have to find an outside source that will not care how much money is
or isn't made (Al Jazeera; many under-the-radar conservative and a few
under-the-radar liberal U.S. news sources today).  Otherwise, CNN
doesn't care about whether people get dumber.