On Jan 12, 3:36 pm, James Stanley Barr <james.stanley.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> ABC News now reports that Conan O' Brien is threatening to quit the Tonight
> Show if Jay gets the 11:35 spot.

It would be interesting to read the exact legal language in Conan's
contract, given that we are now in the Digital Broadcast Age.  I think
you'll find that NBC affiliates now have more than one broadcast
channel in most markets (say 4-1 and 4-2).  One is usually devoted to
Weather, currently.  So perhaps NBC could put both Leno and O'Brien on
at 11:35 on an NBC broadcast station, if they wanted to :-).

-Doug Elrod (d...@cornell.edu)