Have we done this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OofRzY1Tm_g

Uecker + Norm MacDonald + John Fogarty = awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQpuRAsA_ng

Uecker + Norm MacDonald + Artie Lange + Harry Caray = awesomer.


======
AIM/Gmail Chat: damonbeau
www.facebook.com/damonbeau
www.twitter.com/damonbeau


On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 15:36, <[email protected]> wrote:

> Credit: MLB.com Bleacher Report
> --Deb
>
> http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b3TXj
>
>
>
> 04/27/10 6:01 PM ET
> Uecker to have heart surgery
> Popular broadcaster, actor expected to miss 10-12 weeks
>
> By Adam McCalvy / MLB.com
> MILWAUKEE -- Brewers Hall of Fame broadcaster Bob Uecker has always been
> better at turning a comedic phrase than turning on a fastball, so it came as
> no surprise when he delivered sobering news on Tuesday with a touch of his
> famous humor.
>
> Uecker, 75 and in his 40th season in the Brewers' radio booth, will undergo
> heart surgery on Friday and is expected to miss the next 10-12 weeks of the
> baseball season. Dr. Alfred C. Nicolosi will replace Uecker's aortic valve
> and a portion of his aortic root.
>
> After that procedure, Dr. Jim Kleczka will determine whether additional
> bypass surgery is necessary.
>
> "It has to be done -- that's the bottom line," Uecker told a packed news
> conference. "I don't want to go on the road and 'take a Dixie' there. I'd
> rather do it here."
>
> Flanked by a group of well-wishing players that included Prince Fielder,
> Trevor Hoffman, Rickie Weeks, Casey McGehee, Jim Edmonds and Wisconsin's own
> Craig Counsell, Uecker said he has known about his heart problem since last
> September but had hoped to get through the 2010 season before undergoing
> surgery. He planned to work Tuesday's and Wednesday's games against the
> Pirates as usual before surgery Friday morning at Froedtert and the Medical
> College of Wisconsin.
>
> At the same time, the Brewers will begin their first road trip without him
> in 19 years. Uecker's radio partner, Cory Provus, will handle play-by-play
> throughout the trip with color analysis by Fox Sports Wisconsin's Davey
> Nelson. After the trip, the Brewers and the team's flagship radio station,
> WTMJ-AM, will review its options for the remainder of Uecker's absence.
>
> Uecker also had surgery in 1991 to repair two abdominal aortic aneurysms
> and made a full recovery in about five weeks. That's the longest he has been
> away from baseball since his hometown Milwaukee Braves signed him in 1956.
>
> Until now.
>
> "A lot of people have problems worse than mine," Uecker said, tearing up.
> "I wasn't worried about it because they told me I could swim, you know. It
> was just in the last three months that this thing started to increase in
> size. I know, because I saw it [on an EKG] yesterday."
>
> After his 1991 surgery, Uecker was told that there was a likelihood of a
> recurrence of similar problems. They manifested last September, when Uecker
> saw a specialist for tests to determine whether he had diabetes. He didn't,
> but the physician heard a heart murmur and notified Klezcka, who was
> alongside Uecker on Tuesday at Miller Park.
>
> Further tests revealed that Uecker's aortic valve was "leaking quite
> badly," Klezcka said, and he also found that the aortic root above the heart
> was enlarged. He monitored Uecker in the ensuing months.
>
> "Those two problems often go hand in hand," Klezcka said. "It's not
> something that necessarily requires surgery immediately, especially in
> people who don't have any symptoms. At the time, Bob was having no symptoms.
>
> "But the latest scans that we've gotten have shown that the aorta has grown
> larger, and even though Bob doesn't have any symptoms right now, it's grown
> to the point that something needs to be done because I'm afraid he would
> have problems in terms of this thing potentially rupturing before the end of
> the season."
>
> That decision was made after the Brewers returned last Thursday night from
> a three-city road trip.
>
> "Things changed dramatically, pretty much," Uecker said. "I was advised not
> to go on this [upcoming] trip and that the surgery was going to be moved up.
> I was kind of hoping I would go to the end of the year and have it during
> the offseason, but it didn't work."
>
> Uecker has been calling play-by-play on Brewers radio broadcasts since 1971
> and was inducted into the broadcasters' wing of the National Baseball Hall
> of Fame in 2003. He was inducted into the Miller Park Walk of Fame the same
> year, and then was added to the Milwaukee Braves Wall of Honor at Miller
> Park in 2009.
>
> He's better known nationally for his work in film and television, including
> appearances on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It was Carson who dubbed
> Uecker "Mr. Baseball." Uecker went on to star in commercials for Miller
> Lite, in the hit TV series "Mr. Belvedere" and the "Major League" series of
> films. He also hosted a pair of Wrestlemanias and was inducted into the WWE
> Hall of Fame last month during Spring Training.
>
> He is an avid swimmer who maintains a locker at Miller Park for his
> afternoon workouts in the team's resistance pool. Acquaintances could see
> even at the start of Spring Training that he was weak, but Uecker continued
> to swim a mile every morning, right through last week's road trip.
>
> Even as he received treatment over the winter and called early-season games
> while woozy with medication, Uecker never considered taking time off until
> the doctors required him to.
>
> "I don't want to quit," Uecker said. "I don't want to become a gibberish
> idiot on the air, either. I'll know when to quit. I'll know when to stop all
> the other activities. But, no, I don't feel like I can't work anymore. I
> look forward to coming to the park every day. That's the highlight of the
> day.
>
> "I don't think I'm ready [to quit] until someone tells me to, Mark
> [Attanasio, the team's principal owner] or someone. Then we'll probably have
> a scuffle."
>
> He kids, he kids.
>
> When he is cleared to return, Uecker will probably begin on a part-time
> basis calling home games.
>
> "When they think I'm ready to travel, I'm going to go," Uecker said. "And
> I'll keep going."
>
> Adam McCalvy is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the
> approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "World News Now Discussion List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected] <wnndl%[email protected]>.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/wnndl?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"World News Now Discussion List" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/wnndl?hl=en.

Reply via email to