Joseph Nebus writes:
 >      There's a report that Dennis Ritchie, who can be credited for Unix and
 > C and making arrays start with zero, died over the weekend:
 >
 > http://boingboing.net/2011/10/12/dennis-ritchie-1941-2011-computer-scientist-unix-co-creator-c-co-inventor.html

I've seen similar reports from various sources.  Too bad we probably
won't be seeing hours of eulogies in popular media like we did with
Steve Jobs, even though dmr was probably an even greater influence on
modern computing (and Jobs's success with the NeXT and Apple's success
with MacOS X both derive from Ritchie's work on UNIX and C).

This could lead to some rather esoteric deadpool quips, though.

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
  printf("Goodbye, world!\n");
}

"You are not expected to understand this."