WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was admitted to a
New York hospital Sunday after the discovery of a blood clot stemming from
the concussion she sustained earlier this month.
Clinton's doctors discovered the clot Sunday while performing a follow-up
exam, her spokesman, Philippe Reines, said. He would not elaborate on the
location of the clot but said Clinton is being treated with anti-coagulants
and would remain at New York-Presbyterian Hospital for at least the next 48
hours so doctors can monitor the medication.
...
Clinton was also forced to cancel Dec. 20 testimony before Congress about a
scathing report into the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in
Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other
Americans. The report found that serious failures of leadership and
management in two State Department bureaus were to blame for insufficient
security at the facility. Clinton took responsibility for the incident
before the report was released, but she was not blamed.
Some conservative commentators suggested Clinton was faking the seriousness
of her illness and concussion to avoid testifying, although State Department
officials vehemently denied that was the case.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "World
News Now Discussion List" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wnndl?hl=en.