I’m not sure the exact state of things, but, Billy Mitchell’s
world-record Donkey Kong game, as seen in _The King of Kong_, has been voided
by one major Donkey Kong group.  Evidence emerged that the score was played on
a MAME emulator instead of an actual piece of arcade hardware.  The evidence is
apparently under review by Twin Galaxies, the major credentialing body for
arcade game records.  I have not found out whether they’ve come to a decision.

        Content warning: fandom politics on the Internet.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/176004-Dispute-Jeremy-Young-Arcade-Donkey-Kong?p=946633&viewfull=1#post946633